Recently updated on August 28th, 2023 at 02:53 pm
Hey folks, did you know dogs can eat ‘human food’? In fact, a lineup of dog food being ‘human grade’ is more important than being organic. Keeping all these in mind, different brands are competing to give the best of all while trying to keep it affordable.
Speaking of affordability will be incomplete if we do not mention Costco’s home brand for dog food. Today, Costco dog food stands within a few of the best-selling products due to its premium quality along with low price.
As a result, people are becoming more interested to know who makes Costco dog food, how are they being able to deliver such good quality without breaking the customer’s banks. Hence, look no further because we are here to quench your thirst on all the queries about Costco dog food.
What Company Makes Costco Dog Food?
Thinking about Costco dog food gives us a vision of a black-red label; Kirkland signature. Being Costco’s home brand, Kirkland has a wide range of dog food for Costco shoppers. Starting from puppy food to adult and even canned food are made under the Kirkland brand.
Are you already wondering who makes Costco brand dog food under Kirkland? It is Diamond Pet Foods. In 1970, it was founded and now it is owned by Gary Schell and Richard Kampeter who are also the founder of Schell & Kampeter Inc.
The headquarter of Diamond Pet Food is situated in Meta, Missouri, United States. Besides making dog foods for Costco, they also have their own line of dog food such as Diamond Pro89, Diamond Naturals, Diamond CARE, and many more.
Are They Any Good?
Based on a few of their great quality and attributes, they are known to be one of the best that you can find. The first and the most important aspect is its pricing.
While you will only get a few lb of dog food with a certain amount of money, you will most likely get a whole 40lb packet of dog food of Kirkland’s.
On the other hand, lower recall history most definitely plays an important role along with its regulation of no added artificial flavors and colors. However, the variety will also leave you in awe while you are at Costco.
Different Types of Dog Food Sold at Costco
Here, the names of their available dog food as of 2022 will be given so that you know what to expect when you end up in Costco for dog food. And this way, you can plan ahead of time on which one will be the best option for your dog. The dog foods are:
- Nature’s Domain Beef Meal & Sweet Potato Formula
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon & Sweet Potato
- Kirkland Signature Chicken Rice & Vegetables
- Kirkland Signature Premium Can
- Kirkland Signature Natures Domain Turkey & Sweet Potato
- Kirkland Signature Lamb, Rice, And Vegetable
- Kirkland Signature Healthy Weight
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon & Lentil
- Nature’s Domain Grain-Free Organic Chicken & Pea Formula Puppy Food
- Kirkland Signature Chicken Rice & Vegetable Puppy Food
- Kirkland Signature Mature Adult Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Dental Chew Grain Free
- Kirkland Signature Lamb & Rice & Chicken Dog Biscuits
Other than their home brand Kirkland, you might find a few other brands but the options are very few. However, the other brands found in Costco are:
- Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Roasted Chicken, Rice & Vegetable
- Blue, Chicken and Brown Rice, Adult
- Jerky Treats Beef snacks
- Farmland Traditions Grain-Free Chicken Dogs Jerky Treats
- IAMS Large Breed Adult 1+ Super Premium Dog Food
- Nylabone Dog Treats, Edible Dog Chews
Also, do not expect the later ones to be as affordable as Costco’s Kirkland.
Best Costco Dog Food Review
1. Nature’s Domain Puppy Formula Chicken & Pea
Bulkidoki is recommended for all breeds and sized puppies. The main ingredient is chicken and is good for the Brain, Active, Nutrition, Vision, Skin, Digestion, etc. The price of this product is extremely low when compared to the great quality.
2. Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Grain-Free All Life Stages Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula
This grain-free 35-pound packet of Salmon meal is basically one of the best sellers from Costco. It has gained more popularity due to its availability on Amazon as well. This is supposed to provide great Active, Nutrition, Digestion to all sizes and breeds of dogs.
Who makes Costco dry dog food?
Costco’s home brand Kirkland comes with a wide range of variety of dog food. Among them, dry dog food has been a market hit. They are made by Diamond Pet Foods and later supplied to Costco under the brand name Kirkland.
Who makes Costco puppy food?
Kirkland puppy food is mainly known as Costco puppy food that is manufactured by Diamon Pet Foods.
Is Costco dog food high quality?
Although, coming with an affordable price tag, Costco’s home brand Kirkland serves surprisingly super premium-quality dog food.
Who Makes Costco Canned Dog Food?
All of Costco Kirkland’s dog foods are made by Diamond Pet Foods.
Is the mystery of who makes Costco dog food solved yet? We hope, yes. Then what’s there to wait anymore? You already know all the available deals at Costco along with all about its manufacturer.
The next step is just to go and grab your desired one for your cute little pup!